The CNBC TV show The Profit is about a business expert, Marcus Lemonis, who helps save failing businesses. He invests in them, then sets about making needed changes that bring the business back to profitability.
He helps all kinds of businesses from meat-packing plants, to furniture manufacturers, to auto repair firms and sports souvenir manufacturers.
He’s a real business genius.
The show features several repetitive themes:
- The business is failing and mostly likely about to die.
- The owners have a dream for their business that is on life support.
- The Profit is available and wants to help.
- He has the needed wisdom and financial resources to bring new life to the business, to resurrect it.
- He usually requires a majority or controlling interest in the company to do the deal.
- The owners often resist the change; although failing, they want to hold onto their old unsuccessful way of doing business.
- When they finally cooperate with him, the business gets back on track and flourishes.
- The Profit helps restore the owner, the team and the fullness of the business dream.
If you had a failing business would you invite such an expert in to help?
Likewise, if some part of your life were failing would you invite an expert in to help fix it?
- Even as Christians, many of our lives seem to be falling apart and many of us are desperate for a rich, fulfilling life. But, we often won’t admit that things are broken or “really that bad”.
- We have lost the early dream and purpose for our lives.
- The Savior is available and wants to help.
- He has the resources to invest in us; He has the wisdom to bring new life – to fix what’s broken.
- However, for this to work, He wants 100% control.
- We often resist the needed changes and His control.
- We we finally cooperate, we get the promised new life and have inner peace.
- The Savior helps restore me, my heart and my life.
A few questions for you….
- What is broken in you that needs new life? Your heart, addictions, pride, anger, a hardened heart, repetitive sin, courage or purpose…your entire being?
- Do you believe the Savior wants to love and restore you?
- Will you let Him come in and invest in you? Will you resist His work?
I encourage you now to say yes to the work God wants to do in your life. Don’t put it off any longer. Become the whole person you were meant to be. Do it now. Surrender to Him.
Father, in faith of who you are, I ask now that you come and restore my life. Where I once gave you my life, I’ve taken part of it back. I confess that. I am making a mess of this _____ area of my life and it’s out of control, it’s debilitating and depressing. I’m sinking. Would you please now come into this part of my life and give me what I need. I give you full control to do the work only you can do. I trust you and ask for Your perfect help right now. In Jesus name, Amen.
“As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after my sheep. I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness.”
-Ezekiel 34: 12
“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
-Luke 19:10 (NIV)